General Aviation (GA) flights operating into Sri Lanka has to keep in mind peak commercial traffic periods along with potential parking challenges while planning International trip to Sri Lanka.
The following is an overview of what you need to know:
- Popular Airports with CIQ facilities in Sri Lanka: VCBI Airport (Colombo airport), VCRI airport (Mattala airport) and VCCC airport (Ratmalana airport).
- Landing Permit Lead Time and Requirements: It takes 3 working days to obtain Srilanka Landing permit. Complete flight details along with crew and pax details, route to flown in Srilanka FIR are required to apply for the Sri Lanka landing permit.
- Parking considerations in Sri Lanka: Overnight parking at airports in Sri Lanka is available with prior approval only due to limited parking stands. It is recommended to confirm parking arrangements well in advance before operating into Sri Lanka.
- Airport slots and PPR in Sri Lanka: When you operate to Sri Lanka slots are required. Slots are requested via e-mail / fax from the airport slot coordinator. This is generally done by the agent or handler on the behalf of operator.
- General Aviation Crew Visa Requirements for Sri Lanka : General aviation crew arriving in Sri Lanka can enter on GenDec.
- Ground Handler at Sri Lanka: VVIP Flight (email@example.com) can assist you with your Landing permits, Diplomatic clearance, Ground handling, slots, parking, CIQ coordination, Catering coordination, Aviation Fuel coordination, Ground transportation arrangements, flight dispatch, weather services, hotel arrangements and other GA flight services at Sri Lankan airports.
- Tow bar requirements: Power in/self power out parking stands are subject to availability but it is mandatory requirement to carry tow bar on board the aircraft while operating into Sri Lanka.
- Curfew and Restrictions : It is recommended to check GA restriction and curfew before you operate into Sri Lanka.
- Aviation Jet Fuel: Fuel facility is available at all International airport in Sri Lanka.
- Caterer: Catering, laundry and dish cleaning facility are available with caterers in Sri Lanka
- Hotels in Sri Lanka: Good 5 star hotel options are available in the city in Sri Lanka.
- Places to Visit in Sri Lanka: The Sri Lanka island – Pearl of the Indian Ocean – lures travellers with boundless opportunities for discovery with its magnificent beaches, shining blue waters, a staggering number of Unesco World Heritage Sites, oodles of elephants, verdant tea plantages, and exotic (but spicy) food. Sri Lanka is also home to some world-class hotels and resorts. Things to do in Sri Lanka
- Exploring historic towns, such as Fort Galle
- Whale watching
- Going on a safari (e.g. observing elephants and leopards in the wild)
- Relaxing on the island’s magnificent beaches
- Tea tourism
- Indulging in Ayurveda
If you have any questions about this article or would like assistance planning your next trip to India, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or (OPS) – (+91)-8010686868
Note: Regulations, watch hours, NOTAM or any other information given in above page are subject to change from time to time, for most latest information please feel free to contact us.
You can also read our blog on business aircraft ops to Major International Airports in Sri Lanka: VCBI Airport (Colombo airport), VCRI airport (Mattala airport) and VCCC airport (Ratmalana airport).